Every Week Goofball Mommy Features a New Blogger. If you missed last week please go check out Ripped Jeans and Bifocals!
Be sure to come back every Friday to find your next blog crush!
This week we Alyssa Serben from Babies Bloodhounds and Booze! Ill let her introduce herself:
I’m Alyssa, a stay at home mom in Eastern Washington. I have a beautiful toddler named, Audrey. My dog, Tara, is a big and slobbery bloodhound, oh and did I mention that I love booze? My life is a crazy one and full of so much excitement. I’m just a mom trying to pave her own yellow brick road.
Be sure to go check Alyssa out at these sites:
Now lets get down to the questions:
- 1. Why did you start blogging?
- I started blogging because I needed an outlet from the stress of being a stay at home mom and not having anyone to talk to. I was suffocating in my own life and didn’t know how to get out. It was causing a huge strain on my relationship and I was on the verge of resentment towards my family.
- 2. What keeps You blogging?
- Audrey and my readers keep me blogging. It has been amazing to hear how I’m inspiring women and connecting with them. They are feeling like they aren’t alone like I was. It’s nice to know that you aren’t the only one going through it.
- 3. What is your favorite post? Hmm, not totally sure because I haven’t been blogging long. I know that my favorite post will change multiple times. For the moment being, this is my favorite. http://babiesbloodhoundsbooze.blogspot.com/2014/09/oh-my-monday-getting-back-my-confidence.html
- 4. What blogs inspire you?
- Lisa Kerr and Smashley Ashley. Lisa is not only a dear friend but an amazing writer and raw with so much truth. Ashley, oh I love the girl. She and I laugh together constantly. She writes like me. I read her stuff and the entire time I’m saying, oh yea, that is so my life.
- 5. What is your Holy Grail (deliberately left vague…) “King Arthur: Look you stupid bastard, you’ve got no arms left! Black Knight: Yes I have. King Arthur: Look! Black Knight: It’s just a flesh wound.” Couldn’t help myself. You said holy grail and the comedian in me instantly went to Monty Python.
- 6. If there is one thing that you could do what would it be? Well, it always was be a mom but I have that down… So now I’d have to say, buy a ridiculous amount of property in the country and build my own self sustaining farm with my family.
- 7. Where would your dream vacation be? First Dublin, then off to London, Paris, Rome, Vienna and finally the Vatican. I have been so many places already but those are still on my list.
- 8. What is your biggest accomplishment? My biggest accomplishment is surviving motherhood so far. It’s hard being home and doing the same thing day in and day out. The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing while waiting for a different result. Yea, that’s called motherhood folks!
- 9. What is your biggest Failure? Hmm, I don’t like to think I have failures because I was taught that they were life lessons but it would be giving up on college because I realized I didn’t want to be a lawyer.
- 10. If you could change anything in this world what would it be? I have lots of things that I would change. For now, I’m working on changing the stereotypes of stay at home moms. It has become such a negative thing but what is so negative about it? The fact that you end up changing more dirty diapers than most? So what! If it’s what is best for that family, then leave them alone!
To Hear More From Alyssa be sure to go check out babies bloodhounds and booze!! Come Back Next week to hear about Cajun McJilton from Blooming in Bedlam!